Sunday, August 12, 2012

FITTING THE PIECES TOGETHER

How has your view on how you learn changed?

My view has not changed my mind on how I learn, but I have learned and adapt new changes to my learning. As an adult learner “self-direction, the need to be actively involved in the learning process, needing to understand the link between what I have learning  and how it will apply to my life, needing to feel that learning focuses on issues that concerns others, needing an informal environment that is respectful, and needing time for self-reflection” (Cercone, 2008, p. 154-159). I have learned to manage my time more effectively, as well as to motivate myself by researching for information that will give me a better understand of the task at hand, and to connect with others more in an online setting. The learning of connectivism has allowed me to learn by closely connecting with learners from their ideas and thoughts, which others brought to the use of the discussion forum online At Walden University Portal.

What role does technology play in your learning (i.e., as a way to search for information, to record information, to create, etc.)?

Technology has made it possible for me to learn. I have utilized technology in all aspects of my life.  In my learning environment and employment I can research information and skim through information to find the most relevant items to keep, after visiting several websites. This class has allowed me to participate with my classmate and to enhance my knowledge of online resources that I was not aware off. As my learning continues I have developed skills by creating Blogsites by using an RSS reader to bring information to me, while exploring numerous other technological resources that is not knowledgeable to me.  The information of gathering and, storing information in collaborative locations for others to use have developed a wealth of skills in my areas of organization. I can look up class assignment online that related to the subject or written assignment.  I would begin by searching key words in the assignment on the internet. If the information is not truly scholarly, then I would turn my attention to the Walden Library and search Academic Premier Journal or EBSCO search for information. Every week I look forward in learning new things in class that benefits my collaboration discussions and shared links to articles, websites, and other media as a result of participation in the Walden University Portal.  I enjoyed creating a networking mind map which has opened my eyes in the connectivism of learning that influences learning, memory, learning that assist with the transferring of information that can be used in instructional design in my community.

What you learn about the various learning theories and learning styles over the past weeks that can further explain your own personal learning preferences?

Over the past few weeks I have discovered an abundance of information from The 2009 Horizon Report. It was so informative to me that I book mark it for further use.  According, (Levine, Johnson & Smith, 2009) gave me future information, guidance, and many  relevant links in the areas of mobiles, cloud computing, geo-everywhere, personal web, semantic aware and smart objects, all designated as emerging technology within the next one to five years.  I have enjoyed all of these learning theories simple because I did not know this information that I know today from taking this class.

References

Cercone, K. (2008). Characteristics of adult learners with implications for online learning design. AACE Journal, 16(2), 137-159. Retrieved 8/12/12 from http://www.editlib.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=Reader.ViewAbstract&paper-id=24286

Ormrod, J. (208). Human Learning (5th ed.). New Jersey, NY: Pearson Education, Inc.

Johnson, L., Levine, A., & Smith, R. (2009). The Horizon Report (2009) ed.). Retrieved fromhtt://net.educause.edu/ir/library/pdf/CSD5612.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment